PLEASE NOTE: JOB WILL NOT START UNTIL AFTER JANUARY 4TH, 2022.
Brightworth's Mission Statement is "Empowering you to focus on what matters most."
How do we do this? Through servant leadership, intentional engagement, and building trust.
Brightworth is committed to a culture of commitment to our people and our clients. We believe in mutual respect and being life-long learners.
The Wealth Planner works with the Atlanta team to provide top-notch service to our clients. The ideal candidate will possess the capacity to do the following:
The successful Wealth Planner will serve as the main technical and analytical point person for all financial planning needs on an assigned book of clients. Wealth Planners will analyze client needs and prepare financial plans for initial and at least annual update meetings including net worth statements, , cash flow statements, retirement income planning, stock option exercise strategies, tax planning, insurance review, education funding analysis, investment asset allocation analysis, investment proposals, estate planning, charitable planning, etc. The Wealth Planner is considered the main contact person for all financial planning needs on a client and will work closely with other members of the client’s service team, including the Wealth Advisor and Relationship Manager. Wealth Planners have the opportunity to specialize and deepen their knowledge into any of Brightworth’s niche practice areas, including Corporate Professionals, Business Owners, Dental Industry, Retirees and Accumulators.
The career path of a Wealth Planner includes training on firm leadership, personal marketing and business development leading to the Associate Wealth Advisor, Wealth Advisor and Partner Wealth Advisor roles.
- Serve as the main point of contact for a client’s financial planning needs
- Communicate directly with clients to obtain the necessary information for initial wealth plans and financial updates
- Analyze client financial planning data and prepare recommendations and proposed action items based on that data
- Conduct thorough research on financial planning topics and apply to client situations, as needed
- Perform investment asset allocation analysis for new client onboarding and financial updates
- Complete detailed and thorough meeting notes, communicating the division of responsibility on recommendations and follow-up items with clients.
- Educate and share research findings, unique client situations and best practices amongst other Wealth Planners and Wealth Advisors
- Actively participate and co-run client meetings walking clients through reports, analyses and recommendations with the Wealth Advisor
- Ensure that any client distributions are accurately calculated and note when those distributions should be taken, including Required Minimum Distributions, Charitable Remainder Trust distributions and other Trust Income Distributions
- Ensure that any recommended retirement plan contributions are funded
- Participate in Firm Initiatives/Task Forces as appropriate, lead and speak on behalf of the Financial Planning team
- Facilitate and manage the operations of the firm’s financial planning software, including setting clients up with access to their personal portal
- Test/implement new software with the IT Department by providing the perspective of the Financial Planning team
- Review client Financial Plans for accuracy as needed to satisfy compliance and regulatory requirements
- Participate in recruiting efforts by attending career fairs and presenting to student FPA groups
- Mentor and train summer interns
- Knowledge of the Financial Planning Process, as defined by the CFP Board
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Ability to juggle multiple clients/projects successfully
- Ability to learn new concepts and software packages quickly
- Be independently motivated, have excellent communication skills and have a strong work ethic.
- Strong educational credentials and analytical background.
Sitting for long periods of time.
There may be occasional travel to our Charlotte, NC office or to visit in-person with clients.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successful completion (or be working toward the successful completion) of a CFP Board accredited Financial Planning education program
Preferred education and experience
- CFP® Designation or working towards it
- CIMA, CFA, CPA or other top tier designation or desire to work towards it
- Minimum 2 years work experience in Financial Planning or related Finance Field
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning software (eMoney, MoneyGuide Pro, NaviPlan) and other FinTech
- Earn/Maintain NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor Status
Additional eligibility requirements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.