Estate & Legacy Planning
Ensuring your wealth is transferred to the next generation in a manner that reflects your values and objectives requires a carefully executed plan.
In addition to having the right legal documents (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.) it is important to address issues such as:
- How much is enough to leave to my family and/or my community?
- Is there such a thing as too much?
- Should I transfer assets to my spouse and children in a trust or outright?
- How do I minimize taxes on the assets I leave to others?
- Are my retirement plan and life insurance beneficiary designations integrated with my estate plan?
Our goal is to make the estate planning process clear and understandable, while working with your attorney, who will provide legal advice and implement custom documents. Brightworth is positioned to assist your family members as they organize and manage financial affairs when a death occurs but proper planning in advance helps the estate administration process go much smoother.